30 ноември 2008

An Outcast Healer's Diary

Damn, I really need to stop making promises, at least as far as deadlines are involved. Anyway, here it is, my newest creation :

Entry One

Could it be? A stroke of luck after all those weeks of damp misfortune?

I was running quite short on my supplies – with basically nothing left but crumbs. When I saw the distant image in the mist, I thought I was finally going out of my mind. When I found out I wasn't, a somewhat mitigated happiness spread through my veins. I was way too exhausted to be joyous.

It's more of a settlement than a village, but hey – in the wretched state I was, a trollcave would be a luxurious palace. The guards at the gate seemed somewhat wary of me, and the fact I was dead tired, tattered and badly injured didn't really help my case. I couldn't even explain who I was, or what my business in their “glorious city” was. Fortunately, their captain, slightly more imaginative than the rest, decided that perhaps they could make an exception, and interrogate me AFTER they gave me a chance to rest. Oh, joy.

As soon as I got to my designated room in the local inn I blacked out. I regained consciousness well after dark, and was still too tired to go off exploring my newfound home. So I decided to start a diary – a journal of my new life, of sorts. Oh well, tomorrow will be a good as any other day to wonder about

Няма коментари: